Join the Career Compass Team
It’s the Best Job Ever
Picture yourself working with middle, high school, and college age students, coaching them and guiding them towards future college and career success. Imagine you get to work part-time as part of a statewide team of intelligent, caring, fun people who love working with students. Is it a dream, or a job? Or, is it a dream job?
Career Compass brings together former teachers, counselors, social workers, and other professionals who love to work with teens/pre-teens and are mission-driven to see them succeed. Flexible work schedules, ongoing training, and a supportive and open work environment are hallmarks of the Career Compass way.
College and Career Coaches for Northeast Louisiana
Overview: We are seeking up to 10 caring and compassionate individuals to serve as high school college and career coaches. Our coaches work one-on-one with high seniors to help them map out their plans for the future. Whether students need help exploring various career options, gaining admission to a particular post-secondary institution, getting on the right path for their chosen career, or all of the above, Career Compass coaches are here to help.
Service Area: College and career coaches will serve students in one or more of the following parishes: Caldwell, Monroe City, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, Madison, Lincoln, Morehouse, Ouachita, Richland, Tensas, West Carroll, and Union.
- Applicants should have a degree, preferably in education, social work, or guidance counseling, and must have experience working with students.
- Work on a school campus 5 hours a day, 3-4 days a week. This is a part-time job.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Ability to work well with students including but not limited to ACT registration, research potential colleges, aid in college applications, and provide information on financial aid.
- Foster and develop relationships with high school administration and support staff.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email careercompass(a)careercompassla.org, with the subject line “NELA College & Career Coach.” Phone calls will not be accepted. We regularly post openings on social media, so please follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for the most up-to-date information.